Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Finally Happened

I think I have finally reached a week in which nothing new or significantly exciting has happened!

I did just get back from the PDM (Project Design and Management) workshop in which I attended with a Filipino counterpart from my center. I think it is probably the best training workshop Peace Corps has to offer. I feel as though my center finally has an understanding of what my role should be and we came up with several projects and activities to do in the next year. Hopefully we can get the rest of the employees at the center to jump on board!

I've been just hanging out. I decided to make a renewed effort at learning my target language. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but my host family and the staff at RSCC really appreciate my efforts. I have a great language tutor who is giving me assignments so she can help during our language sessions.

I continue to fill my time with work, reading, movies, chika-chika and planning what I'm going to do with Francey and my Grands when they come to visit in March!!! I am so excited to have visitors coming. If anyone else wants to come and see what life in the 'Pines is like, just drop me an email!