Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Away From Site

Hello everyone. Don't worry, I am still alive! I'm attending a two week training in Silang, Cavite. I got here on Sunday and will stay through the 17th. Then I'm heading to Dumaguete on Negros Occidental for some vacation time. Hope to hang out on the beach for a while!

This training is called PST 2 (Pre-Service Training) and is a callaboration of several techinical workshops. There is a great staff here and I'm feeling a lot more confident about what I'll be able to do when I go back to site. Just to give you an idea of some of the topics: Gender and Development, Library Development, Case Management, Counseling, Workshop Development and Special Education. I'm really excited too because we will be getting a lot of time to develop some of our own workshops to bring back to site. Hopefully I'll also be able to help develop our pre-school classes in a little bit more organized fashion.

Things are going really well here. It's been fun to see all the volunteers that I was in training with as well as several of the volunteers who I haven't seen since we left Manila in April! Take care and will write when I can again!