Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Update

Things are definately changing...this whole adventure didn't seem real until Friday when I walked out of KidsPeace Prairie Academy for the last time (the last time for the next 27 months anyway!). I knew it wasn't going to be a fun ordeal to leave a place I've enjoyed working for the last 2 and a half years.

After work on Friday, I drove down to Sioux City and stayed with my best friend Theresa. We had one last hu-ruh down and around town. I want to take a minute to thank everyone who attended the festivities on Saturday evening. There was time to remember the "good ole' college days" and then make some new memories as well. We started out the evening at Theresa and Becky's apartment and then went to a well known local bar called Rhonda's Speakeasy. The band 10-16 was playing there. I don't know how, but they caught wind that I was leaving for the Philippines and they announced it to the entire place.

I can't wait to do it all over again in Worthington this coming Saturday!!! Many of the same girlies are coming up to attend one last gathering at the A & T Tap...a fine establishment here in Worthington. I'll be sure to post photos when I can.