Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Friday, March 04, 2005

Staging Info Came Today!

Finally! I got my staging packet in the mail this morning. I was at work and hoping to get it before the weekend. I called my mom (I was at work, but just couldn't wait!) and asked her to check the mail. She had to call me back to tell me that it arrived. The rest of the day at work went so slow since that's the only thing I could think about!!! Anyway, I got home and checked it out and then called the travel agency to set up my flight itinerary.

Here's my flight info:
Sunday, March 27, 2005
United Airlines 6952
Depart: Sioux Falls, SD at 2:47 p.m.
Arrive: Chicago/OHare at 4:29 p.m.

United Airlines 248
Depart: Chicago/OHare at 6:10 p.m.
Arrive: Detroit/Met, MI at 8:28 p.m.

I get to stay an extra night (at Peace Corps expense) in the Crowne Plaza in Romulus, MI. (Click here to see the online brochure.)

Here's what my staging schedule looks like:
Monday, March 28, 2005
1-3 p.m.: Open Registration
3-7 p.m.: Welcome to Peace Corps and start of Training Program
  • Welcome and Introductions
  • Peace Corps Approach to Development
  • Personal Definition of Success
  • Anxieties and Aspirations
  • Safety and Support
  • Nuts and Bolts
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.: Training Program
  • A Slice of Life: Coping with Unwanted Attention
  • Managing Risk
  • Crossing Cultures

Lunch Break

1:30-6 p.m.: Training Program

  • Change 5 Things
  • Policies in Practice
  • Responsibilities and Expectations
  • Revisit Personal Definition of Success
  • Bridge to Pre-Service Training
  • Logistics of Departure
  • Evaluation and Closing

Wednesday, March 30, 2005
10 a.m.: Check out of hotel
10:30 a.m.: Hotel shuttle leaves for airport

International Flight Itinerary:
Northwest Airlines 71
Depart: Detroit Metro at 2:35 p.m.
Arrive: Manila on Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 10:45 p.m.

I guess that's all for now.