Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Monday, March 21, 2005

The Final Countdown!

It's the final countdown! I have less than a week before I board an airplane bound for Detroit (Romulus to be exact). In an earlier post, I explained a lot of what I was feeling and each day those feelings are amplified.

Saturday, March 19th was a going away celebration here in Worthington. I think everyone who came had a blast, I know I did, and I was so excited to see everyone that came. I have to thank Becky and my sister, Charley, for organizing this little get together. The night was full of stories, laughing, "awards", and a little drink as well. It was great to see those who came, and I missed those who couldn't.

I guess in closing, I just want to express to everyone that I am very lucky to have the friends and family I have in my life. I will truly miss everyone and invite anyone who has the chance to come visit in the Philippines. The islands are known for some of the world's most beautiful beaches you know! I'll keep in contact as much as possible!