Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm Going to Miss My Job SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I'm getting a lot of flack at work lately. My supervisors and coworkers are giving me a hard time since my last day is getting closer and closer. I'm going to miss everyone at Prairie Academy. I've had the chance to work with some really great people. I've learned so much from supervisors and my coworkers were always so supportive in every aspect of the job. I realized how much I'm going to miss seeing all of these people on a regular basis. I turned in my letter of resignation to give my official last day of employment. I had been putting it off since it seemed like my departure was so far off. Then I got home from Sioux City and remembered that I only had a little over two weeks left. My last day at KidsPeace is March 11th. It's less than 2 weeks away now. I think another hard thing I'll have to do is say goodbye to all of the kids that are at the facility. Even though they can be pains in my side, they are some of the coolest kids I've met. I always tell people that I actually work with good kids who just make really bad choices.

A few words to my coworkers...
James--You've taught me so much in 2 and a half years. I don't think I would have been able to take on this new venture without the knowledge I've gained at KidsPeace.
Joe--I'd have to say you're one of the most unique individuals I've ever met. The stories you've told and the guidance on the evening shifts have also helped a lot.
Becky & Sammy--You two were my "partners in crime!" I've had a blast getting to know you two through work and our 'meetings.' I know I may have gone crazy if you both weren't there for comedic relief! Thanks for being awesome coworkers and great friends.
David--Thanks for always being there when people need it during shifts.
Bryan--Getting to know you and having you share what your daughter has gone through has helped me enormously during the past 10 months.
Katie--Keep it real sista! Ha! Good luck with your new house. Be sure to save the photos so you can show me when I get back.
Markeith--If you weren't there to give me hell, I don't know what I would have done.
Clint--Good luck in Delaware. I know you'll be successful where ever you decide to go.
Sue--Good luck with the rest of your classes.
Everyone else--it has been great getting to know all of you.

Hope everyone will be able to keep in touch.