Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Monday, February 21, 2005

35 Days and Counting

Only 5 short weeks left before I report to Detroit for Staging. The past few days I've been in Sioux City "playing" with friends. We went to a Big Head Todd and the Monsters concert on Thursday and it was awesome. I'm going to miss being able to go meet up with friends for a good concert! Theresa has been my partner in crime when it comes to concerts...she finds the shows and I tell her to sign me up! The rest of the weekend we just hung out, watched movies, shopped, etc. Last night Theresa, Becky and I caught Will Smith's new movie called Hitch. Don't believe the reviews!!! It's a very cute movie and Kevin James (from the tv show, "King of Queens") is hilarious!

Today, I met up with my college advisor and bookstore manager for lunch. I hadn't seen either of them for a good year and it was fun to catch up. My advisor enlightened me on earthquakes and had a few good stories to share.

I suppose...not much new to report. I only have about 18 days left of work. Time is going so fast! So much to do and it seems as though the days are just flying by while I'm standing still. Until next time!