Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Friday, November 26, 2004

FINALLY!!!!

After several months of tests, check-ups, etc., I have finally been medically cleared. I had to send the fax to the nurse at headquarters twice as someone in the office misfiled it the first time. When she was able to finally look it over, she quickly cleared me medically. A person from the placement office called me the same morning (11-23-04) to see if I was still following up on my medical screening information. I explained what was happening and she told me to e-mail her when I found out if I was cleared. I also talked with someone in the legal office who was very easy to talk to. I asked him if I needed anything further to be cleared legally. He assured me that if I had already turned in all requested material, there wouldn't be any problems being cleared. I checked my application status today and found out that in fact I had been cleared yesterday.

On Wednesday, I talked quickly with my Placement Officer. I just let her know that I had been medically cleared and asked if there was anything else I could do. She told me that my qualifications would be matched to a program and she would be in contact with me next week sometime. So the waiting game begins again!!! At least I am getting closer to finding out where I'll be going, what I'll be doing, and when I'll be leaving.