Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I can’t believe how long it’s been since I last wrote. So many things have progressed in the past 5 weeks. I have completed my dental and medical exams. What an ordeal! So many tests, x-rays, etc. I had to go back to both the dentist and my doctor to have them fill out areas that had been overlooked. They were surprised with how thorough the Peace Corps wanted the exams to be.

I’ve also been talking with a coworker about his daughter who is currently serving in the Corps. He has provided a lot of information about the process and it’s fun to hear about what his daughter is experiencing. She is in her 3 month training phase right now.

I also talked to someone in the legal office to discuss what documentation they needed for my mortgage loan. After getting over the confusion as she didn’t have my file, I was able to understand what she needed. Should be able to get the needed documentation to her by the end of the week.

The waiting is the most horrible part of the process right now. Mostly due to the fact that people now assume that I am for sure on my way to somewhere in Asia. Since there is a small possibility that I wouldn’t be invited, I have to explain that I’m not officially apart of Peace Corps right now.