Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Today I was getting ready and my phone rang. I saw that it was a 612 area code (Minneapolis) and thought to myself, “Oh my gosh, it’s my PC recruiter!” Low and behold, it was AB (the recruiter) on the other end of the phone. She introduced herself as the recruiter who will be handling my application. She was very polite and easy to talk to. AB explained what was going to happen now that my application has been received and reviewed. She told me that I would have to rewrite the Cross-Cultural essay and be more specific. AB explained what exactly she wanted so it shouldn’t be a problem. She also explained the contents of the packet she was sending out today. There will be reference letter forms, some questions that will be asked in the interview (which is next Thursday, May 6 at 1 p.m.!!!), and some information on programs that match the experience I have had. AB also asked me to send a copy of my transcripts to her office which I had already taken care of yesterday.

I was so excited that I called my mom right away. She has been very supportive of my decision to join the Peace Corps. I’m not too sure of what my dad thinks and I have yet to really sit down and talk about it with my two sisters. I hope everyone is as supportive as my mom…thanks mom!