Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Monday, April 26, 2004

In applying for the Peace Corps, I had hoped to find something “to do” for a couple of years instead of the humdrum of the daily monotony that I am currently committed to. As I sit at my computer (hours at a time), learning more about the Peace Corps, and the experiences of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV), I am convinced that working in the juvenile corrections facility has readied me for a new and exciting experience with PC.

I admit I am a little nervous as I start this process, but it has been 7 days since I submitted my application. In looking back, I am unsure if I have filled out the application as professionally or as well as I could have. I just hope that during the interviews and the whole acceptance process shows the PC recruiter that I am committed and serious about volunteering.