Jody's Peace Corps Experience

Thursday, April 29, 2004

I rushed home from work today to check my mailbox. I was expecting a package of material to finish up my application (reference letters, security clearance, and fingerprint cards). Yay! It was in by mailbox…a little nervous when I had it in hand because it was unsealed. Luckily after going through the checklist, I had everything that was listed.

I spent the next couple of hours reading the material, especially some of the information sheets about some of the assignments. I then read through the corresponding addendum questionnaires. At first I was in awe and overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork, but after I “dug” in and got to it, I found that it was a lot less painful than first impressions.

Tomorrow I will be going to talk to my current employer. I’m nervous about his reaction due to the fact that I am not 100% sure how he will respond. It’s got to happen sooner or later and since I would like to use him as a reference, I figure tomorrow is as good a time as any!